Posted October 10, 2011 by jimhigley
I had a Bobblehead Break recently with Scott Powers – a financial planner and dad to two young boys. Scott was a fun guest and – in addition to being a financial superstar – has a few impressive resume adds. Like being a card-carrying member of the Screen Actors Guild AND having his mug show up on the silver screen. Can you top that? Scott’s real passion, however, is helping people. He’s had his own knocks and knows what it means to give back. In our radio show we talk about life insurance – why it’s important. And why you and your loved one should sit down and make sure you have enough life insurance. Too busy? Trust me, you’ll want to take the time to get some important basics. To hear Scott’s advice, check out my interview with him on Bobblehead Dad Radio. The show is titled “Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da. Life Insurance Basics.” You’ll be glad you tuned in!
1. Where’d you gro up? Boothbay Harbor, Maine
2. Any siblings? Two brothers, a twin and a younger brother.
3. Where do you live today? Los Angeles
4. I’ll never forget: The times laughing my ass off with my brothers
5. Any good childhood nicknames you care to share with us? I played baseball in college and got nicknamed Big Puma. I’m still known as Puma to most of my friends.
6. Ever break a bone? My brothers each broke an arm…I escaped with just stitches
7. When I was a kid my bedroom: Was shared with my twin brother and whatever was living under his bed.
8. My dad was: Tough but big hearted. He always expected us to give our best.
9. My mom was: Caring, quiet, and late for everything.
10. I’m similar to my dad because: First I’m built most like him, but I’m also a dreamer and big thinker like he was.
11. When I first found out I was going to be a dad: I started sweating profusely
12. Tell us about your family today: My wife Heather and I have two boys Chantz, 8 and Sutton, 4.
13. The back seat of my car: Is littered with soccer cleats, a baseball bat, unidentifiable crumbs, and a few splashes of juice.
14. My kids are happiest when: They are playing a sport or at the beach.
15. I never thought I’d have to clean up:Vomit out of my gym bag (thanks Chantz!)
16. My favorite T.V. dad: Bill Cosby
17. When things go bad: I go for a run.
18. I’m proud of: The life I have created that allows me to spend a lot of time with my family.
19. The best time of the day: After everyone goes to sleep at night and the house is quiet.
20. Best “dad” advice you’ve ever received: Take time to enjoy everything, your kids will be grown and gone before you know it.
21. Most awesome “Dad” moment in the last 24 hours: I usually check in on my boys at night to give them a kiss and an “I love you” while they sleep. My youngest woke up and whispered “Daddy…” so I leaned in to hear something sweet. Then he told me in his little four year old voice “Your sitting on my foot.”
22. Favorite movie to watch with kids: Up
23. Favorite TV show to watch with kids: We are all big footbal fans.
24. Your old standby game to play with kids: Baseball in the backyard
25. I hope my kids never forget… How much I love and support them .
Hop over to, Bobblehead Dad on WebTalk Radio and search for Scott’s interview titled “Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da. Life Insurance Basics”