Posted October 17, 2013 by jimhigley
What a fun show!
We’re joined today by Dr. Michael Shore, Vice President of Global Consumer Insights at Mattel – the brand behind icon products including Barbie, Hot Wheels, American Girl, Polly Pocket and Fisher-Price. Dr. Shore’s world revolves around kids’, parent’s and adults’ attitudes towards toys and play. And he’s here today to share insights with you:
• What’s so special about play
• How and why kids experience different kinds of “fun”
• How to discover your own child’s prefer style of play
• The importance of playing with parents
• Are there “gender-specific” types of play?
• How play helps build character
• How parents can create simple play opportunities every day
• The future of play in your family
So consider today’s show your recess for the day. Stick around. We’re going to have fun.
References from this Podcast: