Posted June 11, 2012 by jimhigley
If youth sports are so great for kids, why do so many children today end up burnt out and frustrated with their experience?
Today we’re talking to Shaun Goodsell from Mental Edge - a sports performance coach who works with athletes of all ages to help them achieve a higher level of performance – both in their sport and in life. Shaun also works extensively with parents to help them understand the critical role they play in making sure their kids have a positive experience with their sports.
• Are you unsure when’s the best time to introduce your child to organized sports?
• Is there a difference in kids doing individual activities like tumbling verses joining a team?
• Does your child exhibit fear and nervousness when starting a new sport?
• Do you know how to find out who has the best programs for your child?
• Do you know what the number one thing coaches are frustrated with?
All these topics and more – including some of the best questions you can ask your kids after a game – on today’s show. Please join us!
The above link takes you to the home of Bobblehead Dad Radio on WebTalk Radio. If for any reason it doesn’t work, you can also use the link below to listen to the same show!