Posted June 4, 2012 by jimhigley
Did you know that 160,000 skip school every day for fear of being the victim of bullying? Did you know that bullying has three victims? And that your child is going to play at least one of those three roles throughout the course of their youth.
Today, we’re joined by an international expert on the subject, Dr. Michele Borba. Dr. Borba is an widely recognized author, speaker and educator on the subject of bullying and shares with us numerous valuable tips including:
• Why one out of three kids in our country is bullied
• Why bullying is not the same as “teasing”
• The three factors that always exist when bullying occurs
• How and why it’s possible for a 3-year old to bully
• The five types of bullying
• Where bullying usually occurs
• How to determine if your child is a victim of bullying
• How to talk to your child if you are concerned that they are being bullied
• How to help your child understand their emotions
• What do do if your child is being bullied
All these topics and more – including how bullying still occurs during summer break – on today’s show. Please join us!
The above link takes you to the home of Bobblehead Dad Radio on WebTalk Radio. If for any reason it doesn’t work, you can also use the link below to listen to the same show!