Posted August 21, 2012 by jimhigley
Today we talk about ways parents can help their children navigate the emotional waters of divorce. Our guest is Katie Malinski - a licensed child and family therapist who specializes in working with divorcing and divorced parents.
This is a show that is loaded with valuable information for everyone. Even if you can’t imagine finding yourself working through the realities of divorce, the tips and advice discussed in today’s show will help you support friends, coworkers and family members in the future – so stick around to learn:
• Strategies for telling kids about a divorce
• Why a united front with mom and dad is critical
• What to do if that united front isn’t possible
• How kids process the reality of divorce
• Why brief discussions are better
• When to talk to your kids about divorce
• The impact of a child’s age when parents divorce
• How to help kids navigate through more difficult custody battles
So join in the chat! We have a lot to cover!
The above link takes you to the home of Bobblehead Dad Radio on WebTalk Radio. If for any reason it doesn’t work, you can also use the link below to listen to the same show!