Posted October 22, 2012 by jimhigley
You are going to love this show. Promise.
We’re joined by one of my favorite guests, Dr. Michele Borba. Michele is the author of over twenty award winning books, including The Big Book of Parenting Solutions, an internationally recognized speaker, parenting expert, and a regular guest on numerous national television shows. She is known throughout the world as a dedicated voice of parenting passion – and she’s here today to share an abundance of wisdom on a number of common behavioral issues including:
• What to do with a kid who is a whiner
• How to handle a kid who doesn’t listen
• Why you want your child to look you in the eyes
• What to do with a kid who talks back
• How to teach your child that your family is not a reality TV show
• What to do if your child is a hitter
• How to teach your kids to handle their feelings
• When to teach kids new behavior
• How to make your time-outs more effective!
No matter how old your own children are, you’ll learn a lot!
You’ll also enjoy today’s Huggies “Bottoms Up!” Spotlight on Dad. Our guest is Lt. William Edwards, the recipient of the 2012 Military Fatherhood Award from the National Fatherhood Initiative. Lt. Edwards was is a dad of four and spent 14 months deployed to Iraq but managed to stay connected with his kids through creativity and commitment.