Posted July 17, 2011 by jimhigley
I recently took a break with Matt Ferstler, founder of Single Jingles which is an incredible non-profit organization providing information and awareness on testicular cancer. Did you know this is the number ONE cancer of guys age 15 – 35? Matt is a testicular cancer survivor himself and has a lot to share in this great interview. I know a lot of people in the cancer world and Matt is one of the best. You can find out more about Single Jingles at their website. And be sure to listen to my radio interview, Bobblehead Dad on WebTalk Radio, for more of Matt! The show with Matt is titled “Testicular Cancer: What Every Guy-And Woman Who Loves a Guy-Should Know.“
1. Where’d you grow up? Houston, TX in a little suburb called Hunters Creek.
2. Any siblings? If so, where’d you fit in? I have two sisters (Katie and Abby) and one brother (Thomas). I am the oldest of four.
3. Where do you live today? I moved from Houston to Austin 5 years ago! If you have not visited Austin before it should be on your bucket list!
4. I’ll never forget: The day I was diagnosed with cancer it was a moment in which I play through my head on a daily basis. January 23rd 2009. I am now 2 years in remission and God willing I will be for a life time.
5. Ever break a bone? In 2004 I broke my femur in a horrific car crash. One of two life changing events.
6. Family vacation that deserves a redo: My father and I have rafted the Grand Canyon 2 times now. I am looking forward to making it a 3 in a few years. Fingers are crossed!
7. Favorite childhood teacher: Ms. Frison or Mrs. Macafee. Both amazing teachers!!
8. One word to describe your dad: Determined
9. Two words to describe your mom: Loving and compassionate.
10. I wish I was more like my dad in the way he: Knows how to fix absolutely everything. I do know how to fix small things around the house, but he knows everything! He gets that from his father who was the best at fixing anything!
11. Pick-up or Convertible? Pick-up
12. Pop Tarts or fresh fruit? Pop Tarts
13. Number of hours you sleep each night: At least 7 hours or I can not function!
14. I’m proud of: My father for working as hard as he has over the years to come from nothing and become something.
15. The best time of the day: Early evening right after work and after dinner. The most relaxing part of the day!
Hop over to, Bobblehead Dad on WebTalk Radio and search for Matt’s interview titled “Testicular Cancer: What Every Guy-And Woman Who Loves a Guy-Should Know.“